Monday, May 16, 2016

4th Birthday Party


Our little (big? Medium?) girl turned four in April and wanted nothing more than to have her party be all about mermaids! I was so relieved it wasn't Doc McStuffins or some movie. She didn't want 'Little Mermaid', simply mermaids. plain. 

Thanks to Pinterest for helping my lack of creativity, we had a great party with all of her little friends. We didn't have a party last year because our living space was too little for a bunch of toddlers, and while we still don't have the biggest area, 4 year olds are much easier to contain! 



We did a lot of crafts. A LOT. I planned way too much for a 90 minutes period. They just wanted to play, and I just didn't want them to destroy the playroom. So i keep them occupied. 





The girls needed a sea shell swimsuit break.


Crazy enough, the messiest part wasn't any of the painting.. but the decorating of cupcakes! WOW. they had a blast decorating and eating the cupcakes frosting.


The cutest friends!


I'm trying to decide if we should do parties every year. I figure since she is an only child, it isn't a big deal right now, but I can't imagine planning these kinds of parties for multiple kids throughout the year. What do you guys do? Every other year? Anthony says he grew up with 2 parties: 8 & 16. I think he is lying. I need more parties than that. I had one every year! Bless my mom! Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment